The Summit Golf & Country Club collects and uses personal information solely for the purpose of conducting business and developing an understanding of its members and customers.
Consent occurs and is obtained when an individual signs an application or other form containing personal information, thereby authorizing The Summit Golf & Country Club to collect, use, and disclose the individual's personal information for the purposes stated on the form.
Implied consent is granted by the individual when he/she signs an application or form. This allows The Summit Golf & Country Club to obtain or verify information from third parties (such as banks, credit bureaus, lenders, or insurance companies) in the process of assessing the eligibility of an individual, member, customer, job applicant, or business partner.
- The Summit Golf & Country Club assumes full accountability for the personal information within its possession and control. The club has appointed Ian Leggatt – Director of Golf/GM as custodian of all privacy matters and legal compliance with privacy laws.
- The Summit Golf & Country Club obtains personal information directly from the individual to which the information belongs. Individuals are entitled to know how The Summit Golf & Country Club uses personal information and the club will limit the use of any personal information collected only to what is needed for those stated purposes. The Summit Golf & Country Club will obtain individual consent if personal information is to be used for any other purpose. The Summit Golf & Country Club will not use that information without the consent of the individual.
- The Summit Golf & Country Club will retain personal information only for the duration it is needed for conducting business. Once personal information is no longer required, it will be destroyed in a safe and secure manner. However, certain laws may require that certain personal information be kept for a specified amount of time. Where this is the case, the law will supersede this policy.
- The Summit Golf & Country Club vows to protect personal information with the appropriate security measures, physical safeguards, and electronic precautions. The Summit Golf & Country Club maintains personal information through a combination of paper and electronic files. Where required by law or disaster recovery/business continuity policies, older records may be stored in a secure, offsite location.
- Access to personal information will be authorized only for the employees and other agents of The Summit Golf & Country Club who require the information to perform their job duties, and to those otherwise authorized by law.
- The Summit Golf & Country Club's computer and network systems are secured by complex passwords. Only authorized individuals may access secure systems and databases.
- Active files are kept in locked filing cabinets.
- Routers and servers connected to the Internet are protected by a firewall, and are further protected by virus attacks or "snooping" by sufficient software solutions.
- Personal information is not transferred to volunteers, summer students, interns, or other non-paid staff by e-mail or any other electronic format.
- Personally identifiable information about the individual that is collected from the Web site or through affiliate sites.
- Information about the club collecting the data.
- How the data will be used.
- With whom the data may or may not be disclosed.
- What options are available to the individual regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information?
- The information technology security procedures in place that protect against the destruction, loss, theft, alteration, or misuse of personal information under The Summit Golf & Country Club possession and control.
- How the individual may access and correct any inaccuracies in their personal information.
- The Summit Golf & Country Club may share compiled demographic information with its business partners and/or advertisers, but no personal information that can identify any individual person shall be disclosed.
- This Web site may contain links to other sites, but The Summit Golf & Country Club is not responsible for the privacy practices of other organizations' sites.
- While IP addresses will be logged in order to administer the site, track visitor movement, and gather demographic information, these IP addresses will not be linked to any personally identifiable information.
- Any registration or order form asking site visitors to enter personal or financial information will be protected by SSL encryption.
- Site visitors are given the choice to opt out of having their personal information used at the point where the information is gathered.
- In most instances, The Summit Golf & Country Club will grant individuals access to their personal information upon presentation of a written request and satisfactory identification. If an individual finds errors of fact with his/her personal information, please notify The Summit Golf & Country Club as soon as possible to make the appropriate corrections. Should The Summit Golf & Country Club deny an individual's request for access to his/her personal information, The Summit Golf & Country Club will advise in writing of the reason for such a refusal. The individual may then challenge the decision.
- The Summit Golf & Country Club may use personal information without the individual's consent under particular circumstances. These situations include, but are not limited to:
- The Summit Golf & Country Club is under obligation by law to disclose personal information in order to adhere to the requirements of an investigation of the contravention of a regional or federal, under the purview of the appropriate authorities.
- An emergency exists that threatens an individual's life, health, or personal security.
- The personal information is for in-house statistical study or research.
- The personal information is already publicly available.
- Disclosure is required to investigate a breach of contract.
The Summit Golf & Country Club will investigate and respond to concerns about any aspect of the handling of personal information. The club will address concerns to the best of its abilities.